Frequently asked questions
What is an application?
In our terminology, an application is an element that being monitored. This may be a URL, an email server, a DNS server or even a mySql database.
For example, if you wish to monitor your website, the application will be the URL of the page to be checked. On the internetVista® platform, you then define an HTTP application.
internetVista® supports monitoring of the major server types found on the Internet:
- your servers (PING)
- your web servers (HTTP)
- your secured web servers (HTTPS)
- your database servers (MySQL)
- your mail servers (SMTP, IMAP and POP)
- your file servers (FTP)
- your domain name servers (DNS)
- your services based directly on TCP and UDP
- your web scenarios, e.g. a procurement procedure
Did you find an answer?
If you do not find the answer to your question here, you can send an email to our support team, who will be pleased to help you.