What do I need to monitor?
Would you like to monitor your critical applications? As a result of our experience, we advise you to monitor:
- Your home page: this is the window on your company and forms an integral part of your communication.
- A page accessing your external resources (database, application servers etc.) this enables you to test that the site and its resources are working correctly. Example: monitoring of a 'product page' generated from a database enables you to check the operation of your web server but also your database.
- Your forms: to check that your form submissions such as booking forms, contact forms, login and search forms are working correctly.
- A complex web scenario (purchase on an e-commerce site, for example).
- Your email services: today 72% of a company's mail is sent by email, it is therefore useful to monitor your mail servers (pop and/or SMTP).
internetVista® your monitoring service allows you to monitor much more than Internet sites.
- Monitoring of your 'FTP' file transfer server.
- For routers, firewalls, various servers, webcams etc., you can use our 'PING' monitoring which sends a request to your server in order to check its status (no connection, loss of packets, etc).
- Your 'DNS' server: monitor its operation by checking the 'DNS' query result.
- And finally to monitor all other applications connected to the internet you can use the 'TCP' protocol.