What is an application?
In our terminology, an application is an element that being monitored. This may be a URL, an email server, a DNS server or even a mySql database.
For example, if you wish to monitor your website, the application will be the URL of the page to be checked. On the internetVista® platform, you then define an HTTP application.
internetVista® supports monitoring of the major server types found on the Internet:
- your servers (PING)
- your web servers (HTTP)
- your secured web servers (HTTPS)
- your database servers (MySQL)
- your mail servers (SMTP, IMAP and POP)
- your file servers (FTP)
- your domain name servers (DNS)
- your services based directly on TCP and UDP
- your web scenarios, e.g. a procurement procedure